Monday, September 11, 2006

I'll speak candidly on this weblog about multiple sclerosis, a chronic and as-yet incurable disease that afflicts at least 400,000 people in the United States and several million people worldwide. Having lived with the disease and its progression from somewhat benign nuisance to career-killer and lifestyle killer. I hope to assist everyone that has a "need to know" about MS: about its nature, its treatment, and its hope.

I hope to assist caregivers to better understand what they are facing and how to cope with, and live with, their loved ones. I will offer techniques that have helped, and discuss - without recommending or prescribing - medications that may be of benefit and with discussing with physicians.

I heartily solicit comments. Together, we can form a powerful community for change and progress in fighting our disease, sharing medical knowledge, and dispelling worthless and unsubstantiated treatments, as well.