Monday, January 22, 2007
"Free 30" offer applies to more than 1,000 drugs.
Bellevue, WA (Vocus/PRWeb ) January 22, 2007 -- drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ:DSCM) a leading online provider of pharmacy, health, beauty and vision products has launched its new "Free 30" program to help consumers manage the cost of prescription medications. New drugstore.com pharmacy customers ordering a 90-day supply of any of more than 1,000 eligible generic prescription drugs will receive a rebate equal to the cost of a 30-day supply -- a savings of up to $50.
Consumers are increasingly aware that they can save money by comparing prices for prescription medications, especially online
"Consumers are increasingly aware that they can save money by comparing prices for prescription medications, especially online," said Dawn Lepore, CEO, drugstore.com. "With the new Free 30 program, we are inviting consumers to visit drugstore.com to compare our pricing for generic prescription drugs as well as consider the scope of vital health care information and services provided by our fully-licensed U.S. pharmacy."
Prescription drug prices on drugstore.com have always been low -- up to 70% lower for generics and up to 30% lower for brand-name drugs when compared to traditional brick-and-mortar pharmacies. The new Free 30 program offers additional savings on more than 1,000 generic prescriptions, representing more than 600 different compounds. While prices for many generic drugs are already below $4 per month when buying a 90-day supply, people filling generic prescriptions to treat conditions such as high cholesterol, acne and depression could save as much as $50.
The Free 30 program is offered to first time drugstore.com pharmacy customers only and does not apply to orders paid by insurance. However, even consumers with prescription drug insurance may benefit from the Free 30 program because many of the generic drugs offered by the drugstore.com pharmacy are priced lower than the typical co-pay required by some plans.
Filling a prescription in the drugstore.com pharmacy is easy. After placing the order online at www.drugstore.com/free30, customers can either mail the prescription to the pharmacy or have a drugstore.com pharmacist contact their doctor or previous pharmacy to transfer the prescription. drugstore.com ensures privacy with secure online ordering and plain packaging for delivery. For a full list of generic prescription drugs in the Free 30 program click here.
More information on the Free 30 program and a full list of eligible generic prescription drugs is available at http://www.drugstore.com/free30.
The drugstore.com pharmacy is certified as a Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites (VIPPS) by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) as a fully licensed U.S. facility exercising competent, safe pharmacy practices in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and able to ship prescription medications to all 50 states. The pharmacy provides a broad selection of over 5,000 medications, including hard-to-find specialty drugs for cancer, growth deficiency, multiple sclerosis, HIV, hepatitis and infertility.
drugstore.com accepts most insurance plans, though orders paid by insurance are ineligible for the Free 30 program. Customers may sign up for a refill reminder email service to ensure uninterrupted therapy. Unlike most brick-and-mortar drugstores, customers can contact one of our licensed pharmacists 24 hours a day, seven days a week to get answers to their prescription questions.
The drugstore.com pharmacy offers customers information and services to safeguard their health while making the most of their healthcare dollars. Some of these services include:
• Drug Price Comparison -- An established benchmark for national drug prices, the drugstore.com pharmacy publishes its prices online on more than 5,000 prescription drugs.
• Drug Interaction Checker -- Our licensed pharmacists use technology-aided processes to check and cross-check every prescription against a customer's drug allergies, medical conditions, and current prescription and over-the-counter medications.
• Ask Your Pharmacist -- Our pharmacists have prepared hundreds of answers to commonly asked questions about health and medications. Customers may also submit new questions for a prompt, personal and private response.
• eMedAlert™ -- This opt-in program is designed to inform and protect our customers with notices of recalls and product warnings for products they have purchased.
• FSA Store -- It's easy for customers to manage their Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) on drugstore.com. drugstore.com automatically tracks eligible purchases on over 3,000 pre-qualified over-the-counter products, in addition to prescription medications and contact lenses. For reimbursement, customers may simply visit the store anytime to print a receipt containing only FSA/ HSA eligible products. For those customers with an FSA debit card, drugstore.com automatically receives approval from the employer by limiting purchases to eligible items, so there is no need to submit receipts for reimbursement.
The drugstore.com pharmacy can be found at http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy.
The National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® and information on accreditation for Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites™ (VIPPS®) is located at http://www.nabp.net/.
About drugstore.com, inc.
drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ: DSCM - News) is a leading online provider of health, beauty, vision, and pharmacy products. The drugstore.com™ online store provides a convenient, private, and informative shopping experience that encourages consumers to purchase products essential to healthy, everyday living. The online store offers thousands of brand-name personal health care products at competitive prices; a full-service, licensed retail pharmacy; and a wealth of health-related information, buying guides, and other tools designed to help consumers make informed purchasing decisions. Consumers can personalize their shopping experiences with shopping lists, e-mail reminders for replenishing regularly used products, and private e-mail access to pharmacists and beauty experts for questions.